25.8.10

fantasy shopping : zanzibar spice

Zanzibar Spice Island

I've been doing a little fantasy shopping for an upcoming holiday to Zanzibar.

In my suitcase of dreams the cheapest little number is the stripy shorts from Forever 21 at R170. My gorgeous Missoni kaftan tops the bill at R6780 but it was the kaftan that inspired this entire wardrobe -  so worth it! My favourite items are the red silk jumpsuit from By Malene Birger and the chartreuse Loeffler Randall bustier jumper. I've decided to stay elegantly chic poolside in a plunge front one piece from Issa and a high waisted Zimmerman bikini straight out of Dr. No. 

My Alexander McQueen skull t-shirt (R2455) and silk scarf (R6555) are little indulgences I allow since he is my favourite designer.  Alexander Wang's striped drapey shorts looked too comfortable to skip, and add instant street cred. Animal print leggings and 3.1 Phillip Lim's peachy cotton trousers will keep mosquitos at bay at night. A couple of loose slouchy t's combine nicely with all of the above and a Thurley dress with lace panels at the back covers me for a slightly more dressy night out.
Streetside a fabulous flat sandal from Debenhams (see I can do high street too!) and a L.A.M.B heel (on sale at heels.com) sees me ready to hit the road to Stone Town.

2 comments:

  1. looking fab honey, looking fab...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is fabulous, I wish you would put in more personal info, like with your other blogs, for instance, I know you ACTUALLY went to Zanzi, so tell all, PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete